With growing concerns in our world on the tragic events that have taken place so far in 2020, let's focus on coming together. Let’s come together to lend a helping hand, to reach out, to make a new friend. Let's come together to change for the good.
Here are some ways to come together in this time:
- Reach out to your accountability partner
- Help someone in need
- Smile and say hi to someone you pass by (even if you are wearing a mask, smile, it helps boost your mood too)
- Make a new friend
- Be a positive person and voice your thoughts in a positive way to encourage others
- Volunteer in your community
- Be the best you, you can be each day (physically and mentally)
- Remember everyone is uncertain, uneasy, and are going through a tough time – put yourself in their shoes and talk to one another in a respectful way
- Tell a friend a quick joke
- Check up on your family members and friends (phone call, handwritten letter, text message, etc.)
There is a still a lot you can do in this time of urgency. Keep your distance, keep safe, keep positive, keep maintaining good health and test out at least two of the ideas above.
Remember your wellness team is always here to support and encourage you. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your wellness coach or call the wellness line at 402-404-2104.